18F, U.S. General Services Administration
Innovation Specialist, Outreach and Content Design
Washington, DC and Denver, CO
Sep 2014 – present
Led and supported a team to create a government agency that speaks like a human.
- Led a research project to understand 18F’s parent agency, its mission, and where our strategic partners exist
- Shaped a human-centric, plain language communication and design strategy for the website and blog
- Wrote documentation and customer communications for cloud.gov, 18F’s open source platform as a service
University of Denver Ritchie School of Engineering
Adjunct professor in Denver, CO
Mar 2017 – presentTaught Entrepreneurship for Engineers and Computer Scientists
- Introduced electrical and computer engineering students to basic concepts of Science and Technology Studies
- Challenged students to think about how social impact of engineering is part of being an entrepreneur
- Introduced the ideas of user-centred design and usability as essential components to running an engineering start up
Excella Consulting (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
Web Developer and Account Lead in Arlington, VA
Jan 2013 – Sep 2014Lead WordPress developer
- Supported the agency’s mission through maintenance of consumerfinance.gov, and related web applications.
- Contributed to and created open source software projects.
- Managed and supervised a small team of software engineers and served as a technical lead for account management.
Georgetown University Communication Culture and Technology program
Teaching Assistant in Washington, DC
Jan 2013 – May 2013Led a weekly discussion group and prepared course materials for a Science and Technology Studies survey
- Managed classroom and led discussion of a 12 student section.
- Helped students plan final projects unpacking the sociotechnical context of emerging technologies.
- Assisted professors and other TAs with curriculum development.
Georgetown Medical School
Research Assistant in Washington, DC and Brentwood, MD
Aug 2012 – May 2013A project co-led by medical and graduate school faculty to better teach doctor-patient communication.
- Filmed and produced video to help understand doctor’s goals and patient’s needs during routine exams.
Munkácsy Mihály Gimnázium
Visiting English Instructor in Kaposvár, Hungary;
Aug 2010 – Jun 2011Used new classroom technologies with English language learners.
- With limited classroom technology, taught information literacy and engaged students in creative digital projects.
- Taught ninth through 12th and first through third grade in a public school bilingual program.
KoreaPOLYSchool, Jeongbal Campus
English Teacher in Ilsan, South Korea
Jul 2009 – Jul 2010Worked in a fully immersive language education environment
- Taught grades 1-5 subjects grammar, math, science.
Georgetown University, Master of Arts
Communication, Culture, and Technology
Sep 2011 – Jun 2013
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Graduate certificate
Trade, Technology and Development
Jul 2012 – Jul 2012
Gustavus Adolphus College, Bachelor of Arts
Communication Studies, Political Science
Sep 2005 – Jun 2009
United International College, Semester abroad
International journalism and poltiics
Sep 2008 – Jan 2009
Research and design, Mid-level
content design, user-centered design, participant observation, enthography
Web Development, Mid-level
WordPress, Jekyll, PHP, Python, Ruby, Git and GitHub
Multimedia Production, Mid-level
Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro, Hindenburg Journalist
German (Conversational), Korean (Beginner), Hungarian (Beginner)