Self-motivated problem solver dedicated to working with teams to use technology to achieve mission critical goals.
WP VIP, Automattic, Inc.
Technical Account Manager, Jan 2018 – present
Worked with federal and state governments to help them make sure the public’s first interaction with them on the web is an excellent one. Managed the customer experience and success goals.
- Deeply understood my customer’s unique goals and needs to help them get the most value out of our product.
- Worked with customers at nearly every point in the customer journey from pre-sales to maturity
- Advised customers on enhancements to our platform, how to eliminate technical debt, site performance, and user experience improvement.
- Demonstrated expertise about federal customers, the value of our product and policies that govern our work.
- Work with sales and customer success leadership teams to build strategy and domain knowledge in public sector markets.
- Led development of our public sector program offering.
18F, U.S. General Services Administration
Product Owner and Content Designer, Sep 2014 – Jan 2018
Supported user-centric design teams by writing content that met user needs and worked on design teams to support product development.
- Led research to deeply understand our agency and strategic partners across government.
- Technical product owner for our flagship website, focused on building an application to support human-centered communication strategy.
- Wrote documentation and customer communications for cloud.gov, 18F’s open source platform as a service.
University of Denver
Adjunct professor at Ritchie School of Engineering, Mar – June 2017
Taught an undergraduate introduction to science and technology studies course.
Excella Consulting/Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Web Developer and Account Lead, Jan 2013 – Sep 2014
- Supported the agency’s mission through DevOps and WordPress feature development.
- Contributed to and created open source software projects.
- Managed a small team of software engineers as a technical lead.
Georgetown University Graduate School
Teaching Assistant, Jan 2013 – May 2013
Led a weekly discussion group and prepared course materials for a Science and Technology Studies survey
Munkácsy Mihály Gimnázium, Kaposvár, Hungary
Visiting English Instructor, Aug 2010 – Jun 2011
KoreaPOLYSchool, Jeongbalsan, Goyang, South Korea
English Teacher, Jul 2009 – Jul 2010
Georgetown University, Master of Arts
Communication, Culture, and Technology, Sep 2011 – Jun 2013, Washington, DC
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
Multilateral Governance and the Global Information Economy Certificate, June 2012, Geneva, CH
Gustavus Adolphus College, Bachelor of Arts
Communication Studies, Political Science, Sep 2005 – Jun 2009, St. Peter, MN
Normandale Community College
General studies, Sep 2004 – May 2005, Bloomington, MN
- 2010 – Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- 2012 – Certified Scrum Master
German (Conversational), Korean (Beginner), Hungarian (Beginner)